Data Engineer at JumpCloud
Data Engineer, Data Engineering Team
Remote in the U.S.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for data engineers with a passion for building reliable big data systems to be the next members of our awesome engineering team. JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
As a data engineer on our data engineering team you’ll assist in creating and maintaining data pipelines, data lakes using big data technologies. The systems you will help build will become the backbone of the JumpCloud Data Platform.
We're solving complex problems in the cloud using the latest and greatest technologies like MongoDB, Postgres, Golang, Docker, ELK Stack, Redis, etc. But wait, you haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we’re open-minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
We’re looking for…
- 1-3 years of experience using cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Data operations experience using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation and/or Salt
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks (we will test your skills with a take home exercise)
- Comfortable with Linux or OSX as a desktop development environment.
- Strong team player that wants to win together. We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a tight-knit team that’s constantly working together
- Experience building data pipelines and lakes in AWS