Ibotta is looking for a Data Engineer to accelerate development of our cutting-edge data platform. As a key member of the Data Services Organization, you will work with both engineering and analytics to develop and own stable, scalable, and approachable data platforms. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for enabling data mesh concepts while heavily leveraging AWS cloud tools. The data engineering team is central to delivering and maintaining our modern data, analytics, and decisioning platforms across Ibotta.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with platform and analytics engineering, analytics to enable approachable and self-service data movement and access patterns
- Be a key contributor in the engineering of distributed systems, frameworks, and design patterns supporting the usage of Ibotta’s Data Lake
- Use Scala, Java, or Python to utilize Hadoop/Spark to collect and manage data at scale
- Design, implement and maintain distributed messaging systems
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Help manage and automate Data Governance and Data Security Standards
- Administer and maintain our data infrastructure
- Mentor junior data engineers in principles and best practices
- Evangelize Data Engineering and supporting capabilities with Platform and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development, preferably with Scala, Java, or Python
- 1-2+ years of experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem, using tools such as Hive, Spark, or Pig
- Proven expertise in taking data projects from ideation to implementation
- Some experience with event-driven architecture design patterns and practices
- Experience in database design and architecture principles, and strong SQL abilities
- Experience with the following a strong plus:
- AWS Cloud Services, like EC2, EMR, RDS, or Redshift
- Experience with Python, Hadoop, Hive, and Spark (either PySpark or Scala)
- Message Brokers such as Kafka or Kinesis
- ETL tools and processes (Airflow or other similar tools)
- Infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, etc
- Agile (Kanban or Scrum) development experience
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $90,000 - $120,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.