Data Engineer at Zen Planner
Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.Job Description
Daxko is seeking a software engineer with experience in C#, SQL, and Data to be a hands-on engineer on our Data & Analytics team. This engineer will work with Daxko’s business intelligence and data warehouse products. We are an Agile/Scrum shop with a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, where teams are encouraged to operate with the autonomy and flexibility of startups, while enjoying the benefits of being part of an established company. If you believe in community-driven development, consider writing code as a craft, and have a desire to be a lifelong learner, then we invite you to read on and apply.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role...
- Delivering high-quality, unit-tested code by practicing pragmatic software engineering principles
- Working with the team to size and groom the product backlog
- Collaborating with other teams across the organization (e.g., Product Management, Engineering, Data Science) to enable the better use and understanding of data
- Leveraging Agile best practices (vertical vs. horizontal development, breaking things down into smaller pieces, driving to done)
- Working with the team to own products and features end-to-end
Here's what you need to have...
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-based discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-3 year's work experience with C# or Java
- Expert SQL skills and TSQL experience
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Working knowledge of current .NET architectural/development best practices and design patterns
- Knowledge of available tools, technologies, methodologies, processes, and best practices to develop software
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and a craving for details
- An open mindset to new technologies, industry trends, and ability to adopt latest design methodologies
- Solid interpersonal skills and comfort in a collaborative development environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
A plus if you have experience with some of these...
- Kimball methodology or dimensional models (star-schema)
- Columnar databases (e.g. Amazon Redshift)
- Realtime Data Streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Serverless Interactive Query Solutions (e.g. Athena, Redshift Spectrum)
- Agile Methodology
- NoSQL databases
- REST Web Services
- Unit Testing Frameworks (e.g. Machine.Specifications)
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.