Data Engineer at Adswerve, Inc.
Adswerve is looking for an aspiring Data Engineer to join the Technical Services team. The ideal candidate for this key position will possess a natural tendency toward analytical thinking, combined with client-facing consultative communication skills. They will be naturally curious about data purity, big data analysis, machine learning, and product development, and have demonstrated strengths in data engineering.
Our team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists are responsible for partnering with clients and internal teams to solve complex data-related challenges for some of the biggest brands in the world. We use data discovery and analysis through tools like Google BigQuery, Python Notebooks and Google Data Studio to help our clients create insightful marketing strategies. We live and breathe big data and are passionate about statistics and web application development and testing, and are looking for a like-minded person to join our team.
This is not a typical engineer role. Our work is about consistently solving a multitude of client problems with data engineering and data science solutions. You’ll learn about big data and marketing data sets, data science concepts, and how to train and test machine learning models. You will be our client’s hero, achieving daily wins by helping create marketing data warehouses that allow for advanced marketing segmentation, advanced attribution and propensity modeling.
Our Data Engineers typically grow their career at Adswerve in one of two directions: tech focus or client / people focus. The tech focus path allows you to solve larger and more complex problems, taking work from clients and turning it into repeatable solutions that we can iterate and improve upon, and scale. The client / people focus path will allow you to grow in project leadership, leading large scale projects and teams of data engineers and data scientists.
Typically after a year of on the job training, a Data Engineer on the Technical Services team is able to:
- Develop applications (visualization, routing data, cleaning data, access to data, interacting with data) for analytics pipelines
- Develop various Big Data capabilities in the cloud for our clients, aligning them with business strategies and requirements
- Build data pipelines from leading digital marketing platforms including Google Marketing Platform (GMP), Facebook and Instagram to data warehouses
- Create data warehouses including determining what datasets to include, the right architecture and tools for the job, while also implementing the architecture, automating pipelines, reporting on results, demonstrating and training clients on value of data warehouses for analysis and how to utilize them
- Work with teams of Google Engineers (Googlers) to architect solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability, leveraging various cloud providers which meet technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads
- Work with teams including Google Engineers (Googlers) to develop and lead best-in-class engineering practices to help Clients define and set up frameworks for utilizing Big Data in the cloud
- Work closely with Data Scientists to execute strategic engineering proof of concepts and contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Develop monitoring strategies for infrastructure, platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends
- Translate solutions and complicated concepts to all audiences, from executive level members to marketing teams
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field preferred - OR - successful completion of code school program combined with experience in data engineering
- Experience with Google BigQuery or Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS or Azure tools as they relate to big data
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with on-time delivery, the highest quality, and creativity in the approach
- Ability to listen and understand business needs and creatively develop solutions
- Ability to work on a team and manage and prioritize individual workloads
- Strong desire to become a proficient Data Engineer for a fast paced company
As a leading Google Marketing and Cloud partner, Adswerve is a team of media and analytics veterans who believe smart marketing is built on data discovery. Formerly two separate entities, Adswerve acquired Analytics Pros in August of 2018 and is now able to provide unparalleled expertise across the entire Google Marketing and Cloud Platforms. With offices in Denver, Seattle and New York, Adswerve helps thousands of digital marketers, data analysts and agencies make stronger connections with their customers through successful data-driven strategies.
We have a vibrant, team-oriented company culture where employees are respected for their experience, contributions and collaboration. Adswerve is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills and unique perspectives. Our top-tier partnership with Google provides accelerated growth opportunities and a positive, rewarding environment for employees. We offer a fun workplace and promote a healthy work-life balance. Full-time employees are eligible for excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with no premiums for employees, along with paid time off, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements and 401(k) plan.
Adswerve is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Adswerve will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
If you need application assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (720) 242-9837 ext. 5 for Human Resources or email [email protected].
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilizing external 3rd party recruitment agencies for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.