Data Engineer at Fluid Truck Share
Fluid is a peer-to-peer commercial vehicle sharing platform offering businesses and individuals a better way to rent vehicles, and vehicle owners an opportunity to make money. Fluid is rapidly scaling across the US with a proven technology platform that provides a more efficient way of connecting businesses & consumers with commercial vehicles.
Fluid is creating a new industry that will change the way goods are used and valued. We enable businesses to dynamically scale up and down without having to take on more overhead, and we enable owners to generate cash from their existing assets and vehicles purchased for investment. We're facilitating more efficient utilization of vehicles around the country.
We are looking for smart, entrepreneurial, and passionate people to help us transform the way the world uses things. Be prepared to tackle interesting challenges and solve big problems with a forward thinking team.
Fluid Truck Share is seeking a Data Engineer to establish and help define the direction of the business intelligence team. As a Data Engineer, you will work with team members, department heads, and 3rd parties, to develop, maintain, and enhance our data engineering capabilities in support of product development, marketing, and sales efforts through establishing reliable analytics and KPIs.
- Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining.
- Design, deploy, and manage the organization's data architecture.
- Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Create and support the ETL process to extract the data from source systems and place it into the data warehouse.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers to optimize reports by defining business requirements and populating the data warehouse table structure.
- Design data warehouse schematics and layouts and develop capacity planning.
- Create and implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring its reliability.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Build tools and support common data science functions (feature extraction, experimentation, funnel metrics, etc...)
- Collaborate with technology and management teams to understand structural requirements and define standards for how data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed across the organization and translate into a usable blueprint.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement architecture and create a vision for how data will flow through the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS in a technical field - (eg. Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics)
- 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering with SQL(T-SQL, MySQL, or Postgres), R, Python
- Experience with a variety of data structures approaches
- Fully autonomous - able to scope and prioritize work and guide junior members of the team
- Working knowledge of data structures, SQL, XML, JSON, Data visualization tools, Version Control Systems, Programming, and scripting
- Strong communication skills and experience in working with stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Collaborate with team members in the development and maintenance of our solutions
Fluid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Fluid's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.