Data Engineer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Data Engineer serves in an advanced capacity within the Business Intelligence team. Their primary responsibility is to expand and optimize the data pipeline architecture and capabilities in support of a broad spectrum of BI and Data Science initiatives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Implement and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Define and execute the overall strategy for the data ecosystem (DW, ODS, data lake, etc.).
- Maintain the proper infrastructure to support ETL from a variety of sources using SQL, Informatica, and "big data" technologies.
- Collect and organize large-scale data sets to analyze and describe business processes and practices.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their data needs and assist with data-related technical issues.
- Work with analytics and data science team members to optimize data platforms to better meet their needs.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information request backlogs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar/related discipline
- 5+ years of experience across the Business Intelligence, Data Architecture, and Big Data spaces
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- SQL proficiency with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex reports, queries, and data sets
- Hands-on experience with common programming languages and libraries (Python, Java, R, Scala, etc.) with a willingness to learn new technologies in support of identified goals and objectives
- Experience with data wrangling, cleansing, and visualization with knowledge of best practices and aligning the best tool(s) for the job at hand
- Track record of delivering innovative solutions with a willingness to explore new alternatives to solve complex problems
- Experience with cloud-based data engineering solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and professional communication skills
Even Better if You Have:
- Solid mathematical foundation including applied probability and statistics
- Demonstrated experience with advanced concepts such as AI, Machine Learning, Predictive/Prescriptive Analytics, etc.
- Certifications on AWS and/or Azure technologies
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Not ready to apply just yet? Join our Talent Community!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow Building)