Data Engineer at BombBomb
Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for…
A Data Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them, who produces quality results with a low frequency of serious defects. The Engineer is attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution and has the ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
What you will do…
- Design, construct and optimize systems to aggregate, transform and process large amounts of data from relational, columnar and other kinds of data stores.
- Empower internal users with tools that allow them to service their own needs in collecting, querying and analyzing data.
- Improve our data systems’ performance and reliability against steadily increasing loads and varieties of work.
- Work creatively to derive data from existing sets to enable new capabilities.
- Employ machine learning tools to enable new product features and outcomes.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Flexible: Can bounce between projects day to to day.
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- 3+ years experience with various relational databases, tuning, ETL: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- 3+ years experience with AWS data systems: S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, etc.
- Scripting and programming experience: Python, NodeJS, PHP, etc.
- Telemetry and monitoring experience: Splunk, Elasticsearch, etc.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes…
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education / Development for your career growth