Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
As a Data Engineer on the Enterprise Data Management team at Alteryx, you will be part of an innovative and groundbreaking team, being primarily responsible for engineering a world class enterprise data management platform and driving continuous improvement for a world class analytics company. You will work closely with data architects, other data engineers, quality engineers, and line of business associates to build out new system features and functionality.
* Engineer and unit test all aspects of data ingestion, transformation, and consumption layers within data warehouse architecture.
* Work within agile development environment to estimate, prioritize, and execute on platform features
* Extreme focus on detail and data quality and performance
* Deep interest in the data and analytics market with ability to constantly evaluate new ways to enhance the system and train it to be smarter and more scalable
* 2+ years of data engineering / development / integration experience
* BA/BS degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
* Experience with Alteryx platform preferred, but not required
* Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse development and ETL processes
* Understanding of database and data modeling concepts
* Understanding and experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Experience using Git / code repositories for source code control and promotion
* Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse preferred, but not required
* Knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
* Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
* Ability to work with other teams across an organization
* Strong oral and written communication