Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is a team of 130+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You'll Do
- You will provide technical leadership contributing to the definition and development of large parts of our data architecture. You will engineer solutions to improve query performance, increase reporting scalability, and tame massive amounts of unstructured data. You’ll collaboratively curate and grow the core data platform to enable downstream systems across the organization to utilize complex data analytics quickly and efficiently.
What We'll Achieve
- We will engineer new data analytics capabilities informed by POC’s and modeling exercises to ensure our data provides the most value to our customers.
- Engineers will ship more features thanks to our investment in the infrastructure required to collect, interpret, and present customer data on a system-wide scale.
- Our customers will rest assured that their complex reports will be delivered quickly and consistently as a result of your dogged focus on understanding and normalizing the huge variety of high value data being collected.
- We will set ourselves up for future success by constantly evaluating and leveraging the best tools and technologies for large-scale data workloads.
- At the end of the day, we’ll be prepared to successfully manage the change and complexity of scaling our data-intensive applications, thanks to your efforts on the Platform Team!
Who You Are
- You are a strong software engineer with a passion for large-scale systems and professional experience with Scala, SQL, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark and/or GO.
- You have professional experience modeling and normalizing analytics data.
- You are capable of designing data pipelines and data transformations that make analytics scalable and maintainable!
- You understand Relational/Document/Columnar/Graph data stores and can offer an objective perspective on selecting the right tools for the job!
- You have experience building fact and dimension tables and know how to leverage them for scalable analytics.
- You can articulate storage and data access technology tradeoffs to guide decisions enabling performant and scalable presentation of analytics data.
- You recognize data access anti-patterns quickly, and have experience mitigating their effects and establishing sustainable alternative approaches.
- You can quickly acclimate to new systems, with an emphasis on understanding the volume and volatility of different datasets.
- Bonus points if you have experience integrating with BI tools like Looker or GoodData.
- You always value the team over individuals, and can point to examples of successful collaborative cultures you have thrived in.
- You are tech balanced and vendor/product neutral - You leave personal bias out of it.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You accept and act on constructive criticism, and recognize the value of knowing what you don’t know.
- You understand that creating, supporting, and selling software isn’t easy. You are able to create empathy with different stakeholders across GoSpotCheck and our customers.
- You have completed a degree in a technical field.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description