As a Data Engineer on our Provider Data as a Service team, you will develop and maintain database functionality to support corporate products and services. Primarily, your focus will be on mastering healthcare provider data for display on the Healthgrades.com website. You will collaborate with multi-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum, Open Source and Microsoft technologies.
In your role, you will implement database technologies and development processes to support the development of our Enterprise Data Platform that is changing the game. On this product, we are currently transitioning our Microsoft technology stacks to other Open Source technologies, so experience with Scala, Spark SQL, Python, StreamSets, Reltio, AWS S3, Kafka and Redis is preferred. If you are passionate about growing your expertise in these technologies, this will be a great opportunity for you.
What you will do:
- Participate in the collaborative design and development of specialized data structures for the purpose of data consumption by a public facing website
- Develop a data management framework that is effective, scalable and reliable
- Be the domain expert for consumption layer data, providing mentorship to teams on best practices, capabilities and limitations
- Research and prototype new technologies
- Oversee data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management and business rule application
- Load, process and manage incoming data feeds
- Contribute to the development of architectural roadmaps and perform periodic reviews to identify improvement opportunities.
- Enable integration and deployment tools and methods for running reliable development life cycle routines
What you will bring:
- Experience developing and deploying data applications using Open Source frameworks like Spark, Kafka, AWS S3, StreamSets and Redis
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience
- Familiarity of Relational Database Management Systems
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Scala or Java
- SQL Programming / ETL and data architecture management experience
- Define and manage critical data using Master Data Management solutions
- Ability to perform Unit Tests and internal QA checks
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in a team environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!