Data Engineer at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:58 p.m. (CST) on Friday, November 8, 2019
Establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by establishing a best in class data architecture as a data engineer in this startup environment.
How You’ll Do It
As a data engineer with Pie, you will work with our data architect to Pie-oneer our data environment. This individual will be a key member that will work directly data architect to define the future state of our data architecture. This role will work in data architecture, data analytics, ETL development, and data reporting.
Success in this position will be establishing how data comes into and flows through the Pie insurance platform. This data will be used to help our organization quote customers based on data on best policy and prices for their workers compensation insurance.
The Day to Day
· Work with current data architect to establish the Pie Insurance data platform as a best in class offering.
· Manage various priorities and not be afraid when priorities change.
· Work fast, but have an attention to detail so key pieces are not missed
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be an analytical thinker with a strong data background. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
Our team is looking for an experienced data engineer. As our data environment grows, we will utilize machine learning and data analytics to further extend Pie's industry advantage. We expect you’ll have spent at least 3 years in the data warehouse and/or data analytics space. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
The Right Stuff
- 3-5 years working in data as an engineer. Building data solutions for a company who uses data as a primary part of their business.
- Experience in data warehouse and/or data analytics. Qualified candidates may also come from a strong database skillset involved in analytics architecture
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong experience in ETL/ELT platforms is strongly preferred
- Exposure to one major SQL RDBMS or analytics database. (Snowflake, Redshift, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Big Data and Business Intelligence exposure would help in the success of this role.
- Experience with machine learning, predictive analytics, or other data science techniques is an added bonus.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description