Data Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
As a Data Engineer on the Enterprise Data Management team at Alteryx, you will be part of an innovative and groundbreaking team, being primarily responsible for engineering a world class enterprise data management platform and driving continuous improvement for a world class analytics company. You will work closely with data architects, other data engineers, quality engineers, and line of business associates to build out new system features and functionality.
- Engineer and unit test all aspects of data ingestion, transformation, and consumption layers within data warehouse architecture.
- Work within agile development environment to estimate, prioritize, and execute on platform features
- Extreme focus on detail and data quality and performance
- Deep interest in the data and analytics market with ability to constantly evaluate new ways to enhance the system and train it to be smarter and more scalable
- 2+ years of data engineering / development / integration experience
- Experience with Alteryx platform preferred, but not required
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse development and ETL processes
- Understanding of database and data modeling concepts
- Understanding and experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience using Git / code repositories for source code control and promotion
- Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work with other teams across an organization
- Strong oral and written communication
- BA/BS degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field