Data Engineer at Zayo (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Data Engineer position is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of MSSQL Data Warehouse to support analysis and reporting. The role is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing existing integration systems as well as assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) related activities. This is an individual contributor position with no personnel responsibilities.
- Member of the Data Engineering Team working to protect, improve, and leverage the value of our data assets.
- Implement interfaces to meet changing integration requirements after fully understanding company-specific configurations.
- Maintain and develop current data warehouse integrations and processes.
- Provide production support for integration servers.
- Provide SQL and reporting support across various business groups.
- Manage and coordinate data loads in production environment.
- Follow standard test plans to test each client and ensure that configured functionality meets the needs of the company.
- Negotiate and make changes to existing interfaces as needed.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills.
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server, SQL Serve Reporting Services (SSRS) and MS BI stack preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Information Systems, or similar.
- 5+ years of database design, data management, reporting, and ETL.
- The ability to collaborate across functional groups.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with data migration/integration efforts.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- This position will be required to be part of an on-call rotation and will occasionally be responsible for after-hours maintenance work.
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Cast Iron integration application, and DBAmp considered a plus.
- Base Salary Range in CO is $65,600.00 - $87,500
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.