The Data Science team lies at the foundation of Zoom's success - you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of engineers, scientists, marketers, and product professionals on some of the most critical projects in the company - whether it's exploratory research to predict user behavior, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models that deliver "happiness" to our users more consistently and at scale. If you are passionate about data engineering and looking to join a fun and fast-moving team, we'd love to meet you! Our team is taking Zoom's data culture to the next level by integrating predictive models into our infrastructure, and we are looking for someone like you to help us get there! This role is based in most places in the US.
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment, operation and scale of data pipelines, software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms as required.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Improve existing data processes and infrastructure by pioneering the adoption of new technologies within Zoom.
- Must be a US citizen
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.
- Significant prior experience in designing and building highly scalable and reliable data pipelines using BigData (Airflow, Python, Redshift/Snowflake).
- Software development experience with proficiency in Python, Java, Scala or another language.
- Passionate about data engineering, analytics, distributed systems and solving complex data problems.
- Prior experience shipping scalable data solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and database technologies such as Snowflake, Redshift, SQL/NoSQL and or columnar databases.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram