Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
The mission of the Data Platform & Analytics (DPA) team is to ensure customers have the data and tools they need to make important and timely decisions. The role of the Data Engineer is to build the infrastructure that makes this possible.
THE FUN STUFF
- Work on projects that are critical to Automox’s mission and have high visibility across the company
- Build, enable, and maintain high-quality, reliable data infrastructure
- Partner with data science, engineering, and product teams to deliver new capabilities to customers
- Leverage modern engineering practices and tools in a cloud-native SaaS environment
- Have an opinion, test your ideas, work with talented yet humble people, have fun, get stuff done
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Track record of creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Expertise with deploying and maintaining distributed data processing frameworks, database technologies, and streaming/messaging systems
- Ability to assemble large, complex data sets that satisfy the needs of both internal and external customers
- Build analytics tools as part of a data platform to enable data access, analytics workflows, and actionable insights into customer’s IT environments and the company’s operational efficiency
- Familiarity with cloud environments and technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn programming languages such as Golang, Python, Java, Scala
- Experience partnering with business intelligence and analytics teams
- Comfortable working in a remote/distributed work environment requiring excellent verbal, written, and asynchronous communication skills
- Knowledge of data science principles, statistics, or machine learning can be beneficial but should not be considered a required skill set
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$105,000 - $150,000/year
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.