Data Engineer - R&D
Are you ready to join a software team whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love building highly scalable, distributed systems and helping to grow a successful business, then Tendril might be the place for you.
Tendril’s Research and Development (R&D) team is rapidly bringing innovative, new products and features to market focused on energy efficiency, consumer engagement, and analytics. We have established a cross-functional product development team made up of passionate Software Engineers, Data Scientists/Engineers, Product and Creative professionals, and need to add another experienced Data Engineer to our team.
As a member of the R&D team, you will be working from our Boulder, CO office, architecting and building software on our modern, cloud-based technology stack. You’re a motivated, skilled technical leader who loves to work with big data, write high-quality testable code, and practice the craft of software development. You enjoy bringing new products to market - whether you’re building a quick prototype or architecting an elegant, scalable system.
What You’ll Do
- Work as an integral member of our Research & Development team.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to define, architect, and implement highly scalable solutions.
- Participate in an innovative Lean product development process, where you get to influence what you work on every week and flex into new skill sets.
- Heavily influence technical product roadmap and implementation direction.
- Build, deploy and support data-intensive applications in a multi-tier, high availability, distributed cloud-computing environment.
What You Bring To Tendril
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- A proven track record of technical team leadership.
- Polyglot with an attitude of flexibility and a pragmatic approach towards business solutions.
- Solid experience dealing with large quantities of data across relational databases, cloud storage, and distributed compute systems.
- Existing familiarity or interest in developing Machine Learning Engineering skills
- A solid understanding of TDD approaches and automated testing concepts
- Experience with concurrency and RESTful web services
- Excitement about influencing the direction of the product
- Ability to consider the big picture as just as important as your technical skills
Technologies We Use
- Data stack
- S3 + Parquet
- Spectrum / Athena
- Cloud Environment
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambdas)
- AWS ECS, Fargate, EKS
- Programming languages
- Important libraries
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.