As a Lead, Data Platform Engineer on Healthgrades' Provider Data as a Service team, you will develop and maintain database functionality to support corporate products and services, focused on mastering healthcare claims data for consumption across Healthgrades' products. You will collaborate with multi-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum/Kanban, Python, Cloud Operations technologies and Open Source technology.
In your role, you will implement data architectural technologies and development processes to support development of an Enterprise Data Platform that is changing the game. On this product working with SQL, Python, StreamSets, Reltio, AWS S3, Kafka and Redis is preferred. If you are interested in growing your expertise in these technologies, this will be an exciting opportunity for you.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee day-to-day operational matters, provide training, and supervise performance related to company and individual OKRs
- Lead and manage complex development projects including plans, designs, technical leadership, schedules, and resource allocation while also being a hands-on engineer
- Build and maintain data pipelines utilizing Python, SQS, SNS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Reddis, Streamsets, and Snowflake that perform efficiently against large data sets
- Work with shareholders to ensure data accuracy and business continuity
- Create and maintain automated ETL processes with special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
- Create and modify data models and implementations as they relate to RDBMS, DW, and BI
- Design of specialized data structures for the purpose of data consumption by a public facing website and/or Business Analytics data visualization
- Load, process and migrate incoming data feeds and create outgoing data extracts
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to participate in a culture of communication, collaboration and creativity
- 5+ years’ experience as well as previous experience in a lead or management role
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Operations Technologies such as S3, SNS, SQS
- Significant Python, Kubernetes, and Kafka experience
- Strong Reddis knowledge
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience
- Perform Unit Tests and internal QA checks to insure high quality work
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in team environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
It's Nice If You Bring This Too:
- Experience with Reltio and Snowflake is a plus
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!