Data Engineer IV at GHX
The Data Engineering Lead is responsible for the development and execution of data solutions that support product and technology initiatives including general application development activities, such as unit testing, code review, code deployment and technical documentation. This role also collaborates with Product and Engineering teams to design solutions and enable new data capabilities.
- Lead and contribute to backend and ETL development effort of our data platform.
- Lead and provide hands-on new development as well as enhancement of existing data processes
- Design, maintain, and tune extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using PL/SQL, SQL, Python, or Spark
- Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team
- Promote collaboration through activities including design sessions, design reviews, and pair programming, etcetera
- Develop and maintain data engineering solutions for the enterprise data platform
- Analyze business requirements and work with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of, and support for, Agile development methodologies
- Ability to design, collect, and analyze large datasets
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross-functional and offshore teams who have varying levels of technical experience
- Proven data engineering, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Strong demonstrable SQL and Python skills
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and lead others through change
- Analytical and problem-solving ability and orientation
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally to remote offices and partners approximately 10% of the time
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years of experience of ETL development in a big data environment
- 5+ years working in an agile development environment
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Experience in a diverse set of Amazon Web Services data services including:
- Aurora MySQL
- Step Functions
- Development experience with Python, PySpark, or R
- Significant Experience developing in Oracle databases
- Application, system or data architecture experience
- Machine learning experience
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Chicago, Illinois, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.