Data Engineer - AWS
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for transforming data architecture and building, new, cloud-based (AWS) solutions. This role is important in building functional and scalable data infrastructure to provide the organization the ability to make informed decisions. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the end-to-end data architecture, SQL and data warehousing. You will add your knowledge in the “how” vision for data engineering and will help to drive leading-edge data warehousing and business intelligence practices at a company which is high on collaboration and innovation, but low on egos. This is an opportunity to have a definitive impact on a company's data practice. Apply today!
In this role you will:
- Work with internal business customers in understanding the business requirements and develop prototypes and proof of concepts for selected projects
- Implement complex data solutions with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions and architecting distributed systems
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.
- Develop scalable data lake for data acquisition, storage, access, and analysis required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in a cloud (AWS) environment
- Enhance the data infrastructure framework by evaluating new and existing technologies and techniques to create efficient processes around data extraction, aggregation, and analytics
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards and guidelines for the design, development, tuning, deployment, and maintenance of information and advanced data analytics
You bring to the table:
- 3+ years in Data Engineering
- Hands on experience building Data Lake in AWS (preferably) while sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- Experience with AWS technologies, such as S3, Aurora, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems and NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience with Spark, Python and PySpark
- Hands on experience with Data Modeling
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, and identifying data patterns and trends
- Ability to recommend innovative solutions to solve business and technical problems in a straight forward manner to business partners
- Extensive experience with SQL programming (TSQL, PLSQL)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills