Data Conversion Engineer
Zen Planner is on the hunt for an uber-talented SQL/Data Conversion Engineer to join our Technical Services team. You’ll be responsible for executing data conversions between client systems and Daxko’s products – including SMB and Enterprise applications for operations, accounting, and engagement, mobile software for Enterprise applications and data manipulation for client mergers. In order to succeed, you’ll need to be highly motivated, comfortable in a team environment, and enjoy working with data from multiple sources.
We'll expect you to...
- Effectively communicate with clients to obtain, map and validate all aspects of the data conversion.
- Script and build client sites using developed tools.
- Manipulate client data using SQL, T-SQL, Excel, or custom tools developed in Visual Studio (C#, ASP.NET) to the format required for Daxko’s products.
- Load data into clients’ data validation and training databases.
- Validate data to ensure that it is consistent, well formed, and of high structural integrity.
- Adhere to coding standards, and help in process documentation to ensure efficiency.
- Report on data integrity issues to Implementation team members and clients.
- Work with multiple stakeholders (e.g. project managers, engineers, clients) and develop effective solutions to complex problems.
What you must have...
- 2-3 years exp writing SQL queries and scripting using procedural SQL (T-SQL preferred)
- Experience using database management tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Working experience with DBMS, SQL Server preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to successfully deliver projects in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What puts you ahead of the pack...
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Computer Science or an information systems-based discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- C#, Java, ASP.NET, Visual Studio
- Microsoft Access
It’s a tall order, we know. But, the opportunity for impact is huge. The transition from an existing client system to Daxko’s software, and your role in that, directly affects our customers, their families, members, and communities. The quality of this transition will echo, in small ways, across the lives of thousands of people. Think you’re up to the challenge?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.