Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, you will build and own mission-critical data pipelines and datasets that support our clients core business functionalities. You will be a part of an early stage team and have a significant stake in defining its future with a considerable potential to impact FIS Clients and hundreds of millions of users. You will be among the earliest adopters of bleeding-edge data technologies in the cloud, working directly with cloud platforms teams to integrate your services at scale.
- Meets commitments and provides excellent customer service at all times with internal and external clients.
- Provides status reports (written and/or verbal) that are detailed to tasks and difficulties encountered – enables managers to initiate escalation if necessary and assess areas where changes or additional support may be warranted.
- Ensures issues resulting in customer outage is escalated appropriately
- Assists application groups with design development that meet current and future business requirements:
- Participates in logical design process of strategic projects and responsible for the physical design/implementation.
- Provides specific direction on infrastructure design to support applications.
- Participates as a member of development support team on projects.
- Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides maintenance of physical and virtual database:
- Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by database team.
- Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
- Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Reports problem performance areas and recommendations for improvement.
- Follows up on recommendations and actively pushes for implementation as appropriate.
- Understands and applies database concepts such as database definitions, parameters, database component placement, reorganization, access methods and security definitions.
- Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
- Provides 24/7 support of production database environments.
- As a primary administrator, provides on call support as needed for on-call issues with database environments and provides follow up and permanent resolution for reoccurring issues.
- Implements backup/recovery procedures to protect integrity of data in database environment.
- Actively manages backups along with other database administrators to ensure processes are successful and we can recover as a result.
- If necessary, participates in recovery of databases and assists with disaster recovery testing and documentation.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in database management.
- Experience in project management methodologies is desired including ability to estimate, plan, manage and communicate activities/deliverables of a mid-size project plan, i.e., a plan that affects a single system or product family and uses multiple resources
- Working knowledge of at least one database management system or a proven ability to learn new technologies and use that knowledge effectively
- Effective communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Personal commitment to stay current with latest technology concepts
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in AWS and/or Azure database services is highly desirable.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.