Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Data Center Technician 2 provides an overall focus on positive proactive end-user customer service through phone, email, face-to-face, and our internal case management systems. Maintains accurate chain-of-custody logs of incoming and outgoing customer packages and ensures facility cleanliness. As a member of the Operations Team, the Data Center Technician II is expected to handle trouble tickets and remote hands requests from inception through resolution. Data Center Technician II are tasked with the installation of a variety of circuits, including Ethernet, Sonet and Dark Fiber. Data Center Technicians monitor all business-critical systems (BMS, Security) escalating issues accordingly and drive both internal and customer compliance to the company’s security standards.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships, with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal. Answering customer phone calls and emails within a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to complete installation, testing and close out of new Customer orders, computer/server hardware, software support while ensuring tickets/orders are resolved quickly and thoroughly within predefined intervals.
- Monitor, assist and/or resolve troubleshooting technical issues and alarms with zColo Infrastructure. Comfortable with following ERP and Escalating to on-call staff or engineering support staff as necessary in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Perform physical security walkthroughs, administration of security sign-in procedures for all colocation customers, visitors, third parties and escorting them to designated work location while adhering and enforcing established company security standards.
- Accurately capture time invested on tasks and tickets/cases (customer installs, site expansions, outages, remote hands, etc) including capturing Cap Labor on timesheet and ensuring timesheets are completed and submitted timely.
- Maintaining facility cleanliness and “Tour Readiness” at all times.
- Candidate will be added to the Market’s on-call rotation, based on Market needs.
- Assist as needed with readings of equipment draw/customer audits.
- Adhere to zColo Cabling Standards.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, test equipment, and devices
- Knowledge of all PR/CSP/CP processes to process vendor payment in a timely manner
- Assist other departments to facilitate Customer and/or auditor tours
- Assisting Internal Teams to ensure site meets all compliance requirements.
- Support of all Vendor Maintenance Activities within Data Center
- Responsibility and dependability are a must.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- Trustworthy and ability to work honestly with little or no supervision, if necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately.
- Ability to assess situations and escalate properly, following internal procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems both pc and server side.
- Familiarity with basic hardware troubleshooting tasks, replacing hard drives, memory and motherboards a plus.
- Highly preferred to have experience working on/around large UPS Systems
- Highly preferred to have experience with HVAC, CRACs and/or CRAHs.
- Highly preferred to have experience with ticketing systems.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to install and neatly manage copper, coaxial, Cat5/6, fiber and other network cable/connector types.
- Familiarity with DS1, DS3, Ethernet and fiber circuits are a plus.
- Basic knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus.
Education and/or Experience::
- High school diploma required.
- Previous NOC/SOC/IOC experience and/or data center experience preferred.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience or demonstrated ability to meet these responsibilities/qualifications.
This position requires the applicant to be able to work any of the shifts as part of a 24X7 coverage rotation.The ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer is required. Work is done in an area where normal office noise and occasional construction noise is present. Dirt, dust and grease may be present. Work is occasionally conducted in an outside environment such as a dock, on the roof and in equipment enclosures. Duties may involve working outdoors for short periods of time, with potential exposure to typical US climatic conditions.
(May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shift rotations require).