Data Architect at Four Winds Interactive
Four Winds Interactive is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team today. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining high performance, high availability, and business recovery planning of database environments across the organization. Responsible for installing database subsystems using industry best practices related to security, performance, and manageability. Accountable for maintaining service level agreements as defined by IT Management. Responsible for resolving database issues by creating & installing fixes with vendors.
We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we're all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to build new features and evolve our platform.
- Tune the database and application queries to achieve consistent optimal performance.
- Use a variety of monitoring and APM tools to ensure the health of the database and the system overall.
- Maintain backup and recovery processes to meet established disaster recovery plan objectives.
- Handle internal escalations from customer facing teams to support customer requests requiring ad-hoc reports or data changes.
- Maintain database security controls to meet HIPAA/HITRUST requirements.
- Champion database change automation in the CI/CD pipeline to enable reliable, rapid, and effortless releases to production.
- Be a key voice in how we architect our solutions.
- Play a key role in evaluating and integrating new data persistence technologies into the FWI Platform architecture.
- 4+ years Information Technology experience.
- 2+ years functioning as a database administrator.
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo) or AWS-based database solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB)
- 3+ years' experience implementing and administering cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- 2+ years' experience implementing and administering AWS RDS.
- Strong expertise in AWS specifically in compute, database, storage, and security services
- Thorough understanding of architectural elements required to support large AWS cloud installations and maintain high availability.
- Proficient in writing SQL and stored procedures.
- Computer Science degree or similar education
- Excitement for technology and helping others.
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset and love of learning.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation Range: $80,000.00 to $120,000.00
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI's software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We're proud to be one of Built In Colorado's top digital tech companies . At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don't take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
US Benefits Overview