SonderMind is seeking a Data Architect to own and optimize SonderMind’s data architecture to address the needs of our rapidly-growing business.This role is expected to provide architectural leadership for successful design, deployment and operations of self-service analytics and traditional analytics. In this role, you’ll be responsible for partnering cross-functionally to architect and refine data models and ensure consistency, scalability, and maintainability. In addition, you’ll build and maintain documentation regarding the data architecture of our systems. You’ll partner with other Analytics team members to integrate data into our data warehouse driving our ability to produce actionable insights that result in operational efficiencies and clinical outcomes for SonderMind.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate has proven experience building and maintaining enterprise level data architecture as well as data warehousing in a SQL environment. You enjoy identifying gaps and developing solutions to improve data collection & analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to develop order out of ambiguity. You are a clear communicator to stakeholders across the organization.
Success Looks Like
- End of two weeks, understand the SonderMind data pipeline and infrastructure.
- End of month one, define our data strategy roadmap.
- End of month two, data warehousing and data governance best practices implemented.
- End of month three, implemented additional data source that supports an analysis that leads to a cost savings or incremental revenue of at least $100,000. Through execution of the data strategy roadmap, improved self-serve capabilities.
What you’ll Do
- Own the development and maintenance of integrated data solution architecture deliverables, integrating business strategy, current and future state.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business processes and build and review conceptual and logical models to explain architecture options and recommendations.
- Review the models in-depth to ensure compliance with data modeling standards.
- Design sustainable and optimal database models to support business requirements.
- Design analytical models that support complex data analytical reporting.
- Develop and maintain capability and technology inventory and definitions, including data models, guiding principles, standards, patterns and usage guidelines.
- Lead the development, communication and deployment of the architecture governance processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technically focused degree; master's degree preferred
- 5+ years data warehousing (data modeling, scripting stored procedures, security).
- Track record of successfully architecting small, medium and enterprise scale solutions with experience architecting and implementing data models
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely about complex technical projects
- 1+ years of experience working with dbt
- Experience using command line and git
- Experience managing the entire data pipeline from source to end user
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, quickly growing and changing environment.
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- Experience with a cloud-based BI platform and data warehouse
- Maniacal about addressing data gaps to provide an organization accurate and consistent data
Nice to Have
- Healthcare experience
- Previous Startup Experience
- Experience with fivetran
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $120,000. Actual title and pay is commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.