Inspirato is hiring a Data Architect leader to partner closely with our application development teams, Business Intelligence team, and other business leaders to drive the data strategy that aligns with the business needs. This leader should also be execution oriented and able to convert the strategy into action. This would include implementing best practices around data efficiencies, governance, and security (customized for Inspirato’s needs) as well as recommending database structures based on the data requirements of the business. This leader would need to thrive working with cross-functional leaders and be able to garner respect and influence broadly and quickly.
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture: initiate, evaluate, and influence projects from the perspective of the entire organization.
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization:
- Well respected and influential
- Able to emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance
- Technologically and politically neutral
- Clearly articulate solutions and persuade stakeholders
- Set standards for data management that are customized to Inspirato’s culture and needs combined with best practices
- Analyze current state and conceives desired future state, creating and executing on the plan to get from one to the other
- Able to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes. Understanding of our system development life cycle, project management approaches, and requirements is paramount.
- Comfortable across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization. This skill extends to database development and administration.
- Ongoing monitoring of systems performance by implementing regular tests and support necessary troubleshooting
- Create and maintain necessary entity relationship diagrams for any new and (applicable) existing database structures
Required Skills: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in Azure Cloud Platform and Tableau
- Adept understanding of data warehousing, ETL, indexes, triggers and stored procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments, think creatively, and solve problems
- Passion and accountability
Qualifications: Candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- 5+ years experience in data analysis or management role
- 5+ years experience writing database queries and updates
- A degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, or Resort and Hospitality Management a plus
- 3-5 years of experience working successfully in a similar business would be preferred
- 9/80s work schedule
Inspirato offers its employees:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
- Inspirato Employee Familiarization Travel Program
- Casual work environment in rapidly growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company
- Credit for gym membership
- Regular fun employee events and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with passionate, driven, committed, high performing individuals who are revolutionizing the luxury travel industry!
Who We Are
Launched in 2011, Inspirato is a leading luxury hospitality company that provides its members access to hundreds of hand-selected vacation options, delivered through an innovative club model to ensure the service and certainty that affluent customers demand. The Inspirato Collection includes private vacation homes available exclusively to members and guests, villas and homes at world-class resorts, hotel rooms and suites at members-only value, and remarkable adventures in faraway lands and at world-renowned events. In 2019, Inspirato launched the world’s first luxury travel subscription: Inspirato Pass. Passholders enjoy endless travel without paying nightly rates, taxes, or fees. This revolutionary way to travel allows passholders to see more of the world while making lifelong memories.
Read Full Job Description