Data Architect at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sling TV is the #1 over-the-top (OTT) live streaming content platform that delivers live TV and on-demand entertainment instantly to a variety of smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and streaming devices.
As a Data Architectat the Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics, you shall be very hands-on, at an Architect-level, you shall be responsible for overseeing and supporting the current and future state of Dish Data Warehouse including data processing, data
integration, data governance, reporting and analytics needs. You shall work closely with our leadership team to implement the strategy, technical solution and implementation roadmap. You shall advocate and promote best practices across Enterprise Data
Warehouse , BI (reporting and analytics) and Data Governance initiatives. You shall provide architecture designs to store, process and publish data at every step of the data pipeline from ingestion from various data sources to the designing data warehouses including data marts and analytical applications. You shall develop information management guidelines for data warehousing architecture and data integration processes/pipelines to obtain data (i.e. extract, transform, load, change data capture and data cleansing tools to support data warehouse) and you must be an expert in designing data warehouse models and schemas.
- Creating complex data processing pipelines
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by Data Scientists
- Provide leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies; revising datadictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Guiding team of data engineers to build a scalable and robust data platform
- Understanding business requirements and provide a solution best suited to fulfill those needs and ensure they support Enterprise Data Framework
- Implementing data platform for end-to-end data analytics solutions (from data ingestion through visualization) for complex IT landscape (multiple sources with structured and semi-structured data)
- Data Design, Data construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Build, deploy Data Infrastructure & Data Architecture
- Serving as a subject matter expert for enterprise data and analytics.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Have a good understanding of ETL architecture that will enable data ingestion into the cloud based setup from existing enterprise tools. Designed Lambda for ingesting batch and real time data.
- Well versed with data architecture/modelling in AWS stack, knows the details of AWS Redshift DW/Snowflake DW
- Can tailor the data model to improve performance, implement database tuning on AWS, (define index, address index defragmentation etc), Optimization and fine tuning of query/ETL performances.
- Hands-on programming, Data Engineering & ETL Experience
- Require good hands on experience of architecting and implementing data warehouse and analytical platforms
- Experience on big data stack including but not limited to AWS EMR, Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Strong understanding of the data analytics tools, packages, offerings, primarily AWS stack