Data Analytics Engineer (Data Warehouse / BI) at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Principal Data Analytics Engineer will maintain and enhance the end-to-end analytics landscape from cloud ETL data warehousing to highly optimized models and reports in Power BI, for the Arrow Global Services business unit. This person will empower end users with clean data sets focused on agile self-service analytics. This person will expand upon Arrow’s newly deployed modern cloud data warehouse to meet new business requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop new data orchestration pipelines using Azure Data Factory
- Design star schema based dimensional objects in Azure Synapse leveraging efficient MPP design considerations
- Work with business stakeholders to understand project requirements and translate into actionable development tasks
- Design, develop and support complex data models in Power BI
- Lead efforts to consolidate BI applications and data silos into Azure data warehouse
- Write and maintain technical documentation supporting BI deployments
- Monitor data environment performance, logged errors and application activity to facilitate SLA management
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years in analytics; including data warehousing, data design, ETL, report development
- 2+ years of experience building datasets, reports, and dashboards in Power BI, Tableau or related data visualization tool
- 4 year Bachelors Degree
- In-depth understanding of database structure principals
- Must be self-motivated and organized with high attention to detail. Ability to act independently under general guidance
- Must have strong command with SQL and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Experience creating star schema and snowflake schema data models
- Must have competency in data storytelling via compelling data visualization
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are required. The candidate will be working with technical peers to solve challenging data requirements and will have interaction with business stakeholders to understand and discuss requirements
Even Better if You Have
- Exposure to Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Experience with Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, and GIT (or similar version control) is strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL Server Data Tools and Azure DevOps pipelines (or another CI/CD supporting service) to perform state-based deployments is preferred
What We Offer at Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)