Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the Big Data case queue and ensuring Sales and Business Development requests are handled within the prescribed SLA. The Data Analyst I will be assisting Sales and Business Development groups at Zayo by providing various analyses relating to Zayo’s network and geographical data. This position will also be responsible for ensuring Customer site data is accurately reflected in Tranzact, including Data Center and Facility Operator information. In addition to Customer site and geographical data, the Data Analyst I will be responsible for providing tenant analysis for areas of possible network expansion.
- Manage Big Data case queue while maintaining a 3-day SLA
- Provide near-net analysis for buildings close to Zayo’s network
- Ensure Customer site information is accurately reflected in Tranzact
- Update Facility Operator information and Vendor Location data
- Run fiber span analysis for potential opportunities near existing and planned networks
- Pull building/tenant analysis along network routes or geographical areas
- Use SQL or Microsoft Access to create complex datasets across multiple tables in Zayo’s Salesforce warehouse
- Bachelor’s Degree or proficient knowledge in Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science or other Quantitative Field.
- Exposure to SQL and other programming languages. Basic understanding of using SQL, R or Microsoft Access to pull and manipulate data from our warehouse
- Ability to create reports and dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and create charts, graphs, and data visualization models.
- 0-2 years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines.
- Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other data architectures and workflows
- Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
- Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential
- A general understanding of telecom is preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave