Data Analyst at SonderMind
We are seeking a dynamic, business-minded Data Analyst to meet our growing data and analytics needs as an organization. This role will be a key point of contact for all business intelligence, data aggregation and analytics activities. The Data Analyst will support a culture of data-driven decision-making as a resource for business questions and by aiding in the creation of a long-term data and analytics strategy. As our ideal candidate for this role, you should have exceptional attention to detail, work ethic, and critical thinking skills (e.g., looking beyond the immediate data request at hand to see the downstream business needs.)
- End of month 1: Complete audit of our reports, dashboards and data definitions. Present results and implement recommendations by end of month 2
- End of month 2: Using our data warehouse, move key static reports that allow for dynamic drill down capabilities into our visualization dashboards
- End of month 3: In partnership with others in analytics team, define and roll out an organization data democratization strategy that includes team-specific resources, education opportunities, and best practices for data-driven decision-making
- End of year: Partner with Engineering and Product to build highly-scalable data warehouse, data requests and delivery processes to support long-term data and analytics strategy
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, organizing and analyzing key business performance metrics, to include developing actionable management reports
- Demonstrated proficiency with detailed SQL queries (with proven mid-to-high level skill set)
- Demonstrated excellence in large-scale Excel analytics and modeling (e.g., pivot tables, H and Vlookups, large embedded IF statements, cell and range naming)
- Demonstrated experience using a statistical analytics / visualization tool like Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Demonstrated experience in identifying data gaps and developing proposals to improve data collection to improve analytics
- Ability to create dashboards and reports that communicate actionable results to across all levels of the organization
- Extreme desire to use/to implement/to tinker with new software
- At least 3 years of post-undergrad work experience
- Experience in healthcare and/or fast-growing technology organizations.
- Healthcare background to understand nuances of healthcare data
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data engineering strategies and ETL processes
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?