SonderMind is redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. We are doing this by building a national, integrated network of behavioral health providers and allowing them to thrive in private practice, while also creating a seamless, technology-enabled experience for consumers to find the best therapist to meet their needs. We were recently voted the #1 Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal and are growing rapidly. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you.
What is the Data Analyst Role
SonderMind is in search of a dynamic, business-minded Data Analyst to meet our growing data and analytics needs as an organization. This role will be the key point of contact for all business intelligence, data aggregation and analytics activities. As an individual contributor, this role will work across functions as the primary data analyst to answer business questions and support the creation of a long-term data and analytics strategy.
What else should you know
This is a ground-floor opportunity to grow with a VC-backed company with plans to become a national force for changing this important segment of healthcare. Our team is made up of experienced healthcare, technology and product professionals who work very hard and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. As an early team member, we will expect you to exhibit extreme ownership of your objectives, demonstrate a willingness to take risks and never act as a cog in the wheel.
Who are we looking for
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in data analysis and managing large data sets to drive business decisions. In addition, success in this role will be driven by the ability to be resourceful and work cross-functional with imperfect information or skills in order to get to the answer or complete the request.
Gotta Have This:
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, organizing and analyzing key business performance metrics, to include developing actionable management reports.
- Demonstrated excellence in large-scale Excel analytics and modeling (e.g., pivot tables, H and Vlookups, large embedded IF statements, cell and range naming).
- Demonstrated experience using a statistical analytics / visualization tool like Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Demonstrated experience in identifying data gaps and developing proposals to improve data collection to improve analytics
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking skills (e.g., thinking beyond the immediate data request at hand).
- Extreme desire to use/to implement/to tinker with new software
- Ability to create dashboards and reports that communicate actionable results to all members of the SonderMind team.
- At least 2 years of post-undergrad work experience.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in healthcare and/or fast-growing technology organizations.
- Healthcare background to understand nuances of healthcare data
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data engineering strategies and ETL processes
- Demonstrated proficiency with detailed SQL queries
End of month 1: Define process and structure to conduct ad-hoc data requests and turn around business decision-making analytics in <8 hours for average request
End of month 2: Create dashboard/journey views of key processes to drive continuous process improvement activities: Client conversion funnel, Provider onboarding funnel, Client LTV, Provider LTV, Supply/Demand in existing and new markets
End of month 3: Improve client conversion funnel by 20% by providing analytics to identify and measure areas of improvement in product and process
End of year: Partner with Engineering and Product to define scalable data warehouse, data requests and delivery processes to support long-term data and analytics strategy
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our location directly across from Union Station, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Therapy Benefits. We encourage our team to engage in proactively maintaining strong behavioral health and offer all employees access to SonderMind therapists.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.