Data Analyst at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, is a leader in travel technology with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated our rapid growth by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2022 will be our best year yet!
We are looking for multiple Data Analysts to join our growing Data Engineering and Data Science team. Data is a core competency of Hotel Engine, and the team has for mission to ensure we leverage our data assets as well as advanced analytics and machine learning to deliver product and business value across the organization and achieve our overarching company goals, be they revenue, member experience or scalability goals. The team’s core pillars include building and maintaining our data infrastructure, working with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver high-value business intelligence and analytics, and building data science & ML-driven models and services to power and/or improve our product, increase customer engagement and satisfaction and deliver efficiency gains throughout the organization.
Data Analysts have a key role on the team, with broad responsibilities, an opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of the business, and significant growth potential. You will be responsible for leading key data and analytics projects, will interact with leaders across the organization and will deliver reporting, analyses and insights which are driving decision making by the leadership team. The individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter with a strong track record of achievements, and both an obsession for rigorous work and bias for action.
If you are passionate, about travel, about working on both strategic project and hands-on implementation, and relate to our vision and DNA, please apply.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Partnering with stakeholders across product, finance, sales and marketing to lead metrics definition, reporting and analyses
- Lead key analytics projects and derive actionable insights to drive better product and business performance
- Design and build statistical analyses to both answer specific business questions and power some key product functionalities
- Participate in product and growth experiments
- Build relevant data pipelines to generate and track relevant product and business metrics
- Partner with data engineers to establish data assets and feature stores for process automation, advanced analytics, and machine learning model
- Manage the company’s business intelligence reporting dashboards
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 2-4+ years of relevant work experience as a Data or Business Analyst with a track record of manipulating, and extracting value from datasets
- Experience building complex SQL queries
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and econometrics (e.g. regressions, hypothesis testing)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and analyses
- Fluency in Python or R preferred
- Experience with AWS technologies, Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Prior experience in experimental design is a plus
- Inquisitive and desire to dig deeper to understand the why behind our data
- The total cash base compensation for this role is $60.000 - $90,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including level, prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TN, TX & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program