Data Analyst – Quantitative Analytics at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an energetic and passionate individual with both a strong technical background and a proven ability to drive change in an organization. This individual will have to use their in-depth data analysis knowledge to answer the most complex and nuanced questions facing the business. This person will also be responsible for delivering that knowledge to all parts of the organization, from C-Suite to Engineering to individual business units. Sling is a data driven company and we need an individual that is willing to take on new challenges and change how we make decisions.
- Direct Responsibilities
- Make recommendations to all levels of the business of how to proceed in order to improve engagement, ARPU, churn, contact rates, etc
- Perform initial analysis on new data sources and instruct the necessary teams with how to ingest, transform, present, and analyze
- Advise the business in how to perform proper A/B tests and perform ad hoc analyses to evaluate the results of the subsequent tests
- Perform ad hoc requests with large data sets
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to derive business value out of complex data/models to create significant change within an organization
- Deep understanding of data processes and structures, experience with big data preferred (Hadoop, AWS, GCP)
- Advanced skills with statistical programming languages (Python/R) and SQL
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to a wide range of audiences in a clear, concise form