Data Analyst for Core Product at CircleCI
As a Data Analyst at CircleCI, you will define, organize, research, and answer meaningful business questions through metrics derived from data insights. You will significantly influence the business by providing in-depth awareness into the organization allowing the company to enact data-driven strategies.About The Data Analytics Team at CircleCI
The Data Analytics team at CircleCI is responsible for understanding our users and developer ecosystem to influence decision-making across all groups. The team works closely with key stakeholders within each team and cross-functionally to create actionable insights from the data. This is a team that is focused on quick delivery, measuring results and constantly refining the approach. If you’re motivated by having an impact on the business, naturally data curious and excited about deriving insights from data, you would be a great fit.What you’ll do:
- Work across departments to guide a data-driven decision making culture
- Assist multiple departments through researching and analyzing business challenges as well as architect and promote meaningful metrics
- Build and automate actionable models and reporting/dashboards for key business processes
- Develop strong hypotheses, independently solve problems, and share critical insights to drive impact
- Identify process improvements between groups within the company to improve data quality and integrity
- Experience: Demonstrated experience performing data analysis at a growth stage internet or software company OR experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, PE/venture, or investment banking firm
- Hard Skills:
- Mastery of SQL and effective querying and reporting practices
- Good understanding of statistics, including significance tests
- Experience in data visualization for business stakeholders
- Experience in data mapping, data extraction, manipulation & conversion, as well as experience working in data warehouses or databases across structured and unstructured data
- Experience creating narratives around data and developing reports with business-driven impact
- Strong intermediate scripting proficiency in Python
- Comfortable with tools such as: Amplitude, Segment Sources, Looker, Postgres, Graylog, Github, Datadog
- Technical Education: BS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Physics, Applied Mathematics)
- Soft Skills and Values:
- A strong sense of curiosity around data and a motivated, take-charge nature
- Self-manage and prioritize work across multiple requests from business units
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively communicate to various stakeholders
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply!About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.