Cyber Operations Analyst
Please review the job details below.
The Maxar Cyber Security team is seeking a Cyber Operations Analyst who will provide ongoing support for the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) in the areas of incident response and investigation. This person will be responsible for providing initial, front-line, analysis and resolution of security alerts as generated by the SIEM solution and other monitoring solutions capable of generating alerts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with MSSP analysts to conduct triage and initial analysis of real-time data feeds and alerts to detect potential intrusions
- Escalate to Senior Cyber Operations Analysts as needed and/or driven by process
- Perform and/or coordinate information gathering and analysis that will be provided to Maxar IT teams responsible for clearing actions
- Coordinate with IT Operations resources and MSSP to correct issues with log source generation or transmission as it relates to monitored sources
- Coordinate with MSSP as Maxar representative on day-to-day administration, reporting, and management of the technology used to monitor the Maxar environment, including centralized log management/collections tools and alerting systems such as SIEM
- Implement changes to the technologies required, including inclusion of log sources/types and changes to alerts
- General network and system/application architecture/administration principles
- General knowledge of monitoring system architecture maintained by Cyber Security such as SIEM and Log Management architecture
- Understanding of current trends in attacker and threat actor tools, techniques, and procedures
- Ability and willingness to share on-call responsibilities, work non-standard hours, aid Cyber Security investigations, and travel (up to 15%) when required
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI U.S. Government Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (15%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other related field
- Professional experience with AWS
- Coding experience with Python/Bash
- Experience with network security and networking technologies, as well as with system, security, and network monitoring tools
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.