Contractor - Database Engineer
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for a Rockstar Database Engineer for a 6-month contract (possibility to extend) to join our business intelligence team who will be developing solutions for our finance department.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and contribute to the delivery of business intelligence solutions for our finance team.
- Responsibility for design, development, deployment, and support of these solutions.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code review, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
- Analyzing business requirements and working with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Support in-house developed Finance applications using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Support Finance team efforts in transitioning to new ERP systems through data cleansing and enrichment.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of Oracle database development with exceptional SQL and PL/SQL development skills
- 5 years of ETL development and data modeling experience
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience processing large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building application artifacts and performing continuous deployment of application artifacts
- Ability to “work backwards” from understanding the user request to the technical deliverable
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams a with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- SAP BI Suite experience
- Application/system architecture experience
- Experience using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue and RDS
- Experience developing in an AWS environment
- Strong preference for candidates with development background in Finance and Accounting projects
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.