Contractor - Data Engineer IV - BI - Application Utilization
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for a data engineer for a 12 – month contract (possibility to extend) with an analyst mind who can dive into our product offerings and deliver meaningful analysis to drive the business forward.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Leads engineering effort for our Corporate Business Intelligence team for our Customer Success Application Utilization initiatives.
- Responsibility for design, development, deployment, automation and support of these solutions.
- Defines and owns accountability in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Provides hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance, or enhancement of existing applications in programming languages such as SQL and Python.
- Designs, maintains, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SQL, or Python source-to-target data mappings.
- Analyzing business requirements and working with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Significant decision making in implementation of the product. Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team and as a consultant for other teams.
- Promoting collaboration through activities such as design sessions, design reviews, pair programming, etc.,
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of data engineering experience building business intelligence applications using a combination of Python and SQL
- 8 years of experience in database programming, with exceptional SQL development skills
- Significant experience mining data from disparate data sources
- Professional experience developing in an AWS environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building application artifacts and performing continuous deployment of application artifacts
- 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue and RDS
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to ship code
- Ability to “work backwards” from understanding the user request to the technical deliverable
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams and off shore teams with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves upon domain technology.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high-quality deliverables.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Application/system architecture experience
- Experience developing with Python or PySpark
- Experience with RedShift Spectrum
- Experience processing large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong preference for previous experience using Big Data technologies and methodologies
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.