Contractor - Data Analyst
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for a contract analyst (possible to extend) who can dive into our enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence product offerings and deliver meaningful analysis to drive the business forward.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Leads analysis effort for our Corporate Data Team.
- Collect, interpret and analyze data from disparate sources including Oracle, Redshift, Sql Server, Mongo, Elastic Search.
- Generate report from analysis results back to the relevant members of the business using Tableau and/or AWS QuickSites.
- Identify patterns and trends in collected data sets.
- Working alongside engineering and product teams to establish business needs.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes.
- Provide quality assurance for data process.
- Support the enterprise data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Analyzing business requirements and working with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 3+ years’ experience mining data as a data analyst in a related field
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong demonstrable SQL skills
- 3+ years’ experience handling large data sets and relational databases.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Application/system architecture experience
- Experience in a diverse set of AWS data services including S3, Redshift and RDS
- Experience with Python, PySpark, R, or SAS
- Strong preference for previous experience using Big Data technologies and methodologies
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.