Content Analytics Specialist
Layer3 TV is seeking an energetic and organized analytics-driven Content Analytics Specialist with a passion for data, ability to create thoughtful presentations that tell a story, and advanced Excel skills (including macros, pivot tables, solver, linked worksheets, and complex functions) to drive video reporting and analysis for Layer3 TV. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in data analysis, have a passion for numbers and problem solving, relevant industry knowledge and possess a positive attitude. Along with strong quantitative skills, they must thrive working in a fast-paced open environment, be a self-starter, and enjoy working individually on a wide range of projects.
- Collect, scrub, and analyze subscriber viewing data across linear, VOD, DVR and TV Everywhere.
- Coordinate with outside vendors (e.g., Rentrak, Nielsen) to create insights specific to Layer3 TV viewership.
- Deliver daily/weekly/monthly reporting on viewership usage data and custom reporting on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of internal databases.
- Create presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as analyst for other groups within company on ad hoc basis.
- Financial analysis and modeling around new business initiatives and content agreements.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (macros, pivot tables, solver, linked worksheets, and nested functions), PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to communicate insights and decision logic with C-level executives internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or Business.
- 2-5 years of experience working with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and an emphasis on data accuracy and data integrity.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience using advanced systems for reporting (e.g., Domo, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to aggregate data from a broad range of sources and creating PowerPoint/Keynote presentations.
You will fit in well at Layer3 TV if you are excited about our collective mission, willing to put the customer first, and be collaborative, inventive, and driven to succeed. In addition to the exciting work happening at Layer3 TV, we have an awesome, brand new location in LoDo, steps away from Union Station, the 16th Street Mall and public transportation! We have a close-knit rapidly growing group of employees who like to work hard and have fun together. We are always adding new perks as we grow, and believe in delivering a competitive workplace environment.
Layer3 TV, Inc. is a next generation cable provider spearheading a new era of home media, combining the best of television, social and digital life. Founded in 2013 by cable television veterans Dave Fellows and Jeff Binder, Layer3 TV is led by a dynamic team of veteran entrepreneurs from the cable, technology, and entertainment industries. Layer3 TV's backers include some of the most respected firms in private equity, venture capital, Silicon Valley and Hollywood.