Consumer Insights Manager
Ibotta is searching for a Consumer Insights Manger to deliver actionable and meaningful quantitative & qualitative-driven insights from our customers to drive immediate impact within the organization. As a Consumer Insights Manager, you will partner with Marketing Communication, Marketing Automation, Acquisition, Retention, Product and Design to test & optimize marketing ideas. Additionally, you’ll work with Partnership Development leaders to identify new opportunities to enhance our user’s experience while driving revenue for Ibotta. We are looking for a researcher with broad based experience in quantitative & qualitative research methodologies who has a passion for identifying the needs of consumers and is driven to achieve business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Independently manage the day-to-day responsibilities of organizing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research in conjunction with the Marketing & Partnership teams.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to define objectives, then create & execute research plans to answer key business questions.
- Identify key insights from research and provide clear implication / recommendations to partners in order to inform and optimize brand strategy and business tactics within the organization.
- Make insights actionable and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help Ibotta acquire and retain shoppers while achieving business goals.
- Set-up and execute qualitative research (e.g. ethnographies, focus groups, IDIs) with users and non-users of Ibotta. This may or may not include moderating.
- Build & execute custom quantitative research including questionnaire development, programming, hosting, stat testing, analysis, and report writing.
- Manage third-party research applications & vendors as necessary [e.g survey gizmo].
- Evangelize consumer research best practices across the company.
What we are looking for:
- 4-6 years related work experience in executing both quantitative & qualitative custom research.
- Bachelors Degree or higher education in Business Administration, Marketing, Data Analytics, Statistics or another relevant major [e.g. Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology].
- Ability to demonstrate a broad-based understanding of custom research design principles for both generative & evaluative objectives across qualitative & quantitative methodologies.
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance the user experience and drive impact.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, cross-functional counterparts and senior leadership within the organization.
- Comfort managing multiple simultaneous projects while applying great attention to detail.
- Understanding and ability to conduct of a variety of qualitative research methodologies such as ethnographies, focus groups, and or IDIs.
- Understanding and ability to conduct a variety of quantitative research methodologies such concept testing, segmentation, idea screens, equity tracking and custom survey work.
- Understanding of key marketing principles such as user acquisition, user retention, communication strategies, brand positioning, segmentation, targeting etc.
- CPG or Tech industry experience is not required but preferred.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out over $400 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, Unlimited PTO, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.