Consumer Insights Analyst at Adtaxi
MediaNews Group is seeking a Consumer Insights Analyst to join our team! MediaNews Group offers news reporting and third party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry.
This is an analytical role within the Circulation Department working with cross functional teams to improve business performance. Produce standardized routine reports, as well as ADHOC reports and analysis as needed. Develop new reports to expand digital/print reporting capabilities and assist in budget planning & presentations. Works under the general direction of the Consumer Insights manager covering all Regions for Media News Group. Works closely with company management teams to provide financial analysis, forecasting support with heavy emphasis standardization, new technology as well as operational strategic planning initiatives. The Circulation Analyst will assist circulation department in Oracle implementation and conversion of all existing BPC reports. Expanding knowledge of new technology and integrating new features into data processes. Produce regular peer analysis and market share reports.
- Work with cross functional teams to improve business performance through team work and collaboration.
- Manage and maintain assigned routine circulation reporting functions with crucial consumer data
- Produce standardized Benchmark reports, as well as ADHOC reports. Analyzing and interpreting data that helps drive decision-making at the top of an organization.
- Develop new reports to expand reporting capabilities and assist in budget planning & presentations.
- Key role in conversion of all existing circulation reports to new Oracle interface.
- Work with database to automate reports and improve efficiencies when possible.
- Provide back-up assistance to Consumer Insight analyst colleges.
- Market research, seeking to discover target areas that help drive the operational and creative strategies
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two (2) years of related experience required. Experience in a Media organization preferred.
- Direct advanced experience in building reports in Oracle required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including an expert level ability with Microsoft Excel as well as an ability to navigate and utilize other Microsoft Office and reporting packages.
- Experience with data extraction tools preferred and forecast modeling. Advanced Oracle skills and familiar with Google Analytics.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Required Applications / Platform Knowledge
- Financial modeling & report development experience required - Oracle and Smartview
- Advanced Microsoft Excel along with Google Sheets experience
- Powerpoint/presentation experience
- Tableau, BigQuery, PowerBI experience a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment and at the Company and client sites for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position may be a permanent remote role.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.