Competitive Intelligence Analyst
We are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to join the competitive intelligence team and provide actionable intelligence about key competitors in a dynamic and highly competitive market.
This role will require both technical and marketing savvy as well as a good understanding of the software sales/buying process.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Research: stay current on market and competitors and monitor the news/marketplace, on a daily basis. Undertake specific research projects, build areas of expertise and share knowledge with team members.
- Competitive analysis: perform research and analysis on specific competitors: market presence, product offerings and capabilities, sales strategies and relevant dynamics. Gain a deep understanding of some of Alteryx’s key competitors and build winning competitive strategies.
- Content development: develop competitive briefs, product reviews, battle cards, enablement materials and presentations for different audiences (product teams, sales, pre-sales, marketing, executive team, partners) with the appropriate level of details.
- Product management: keep up with product direction and product. Identify and communicate portfolio gaps and market observations on a regular basis.
- Sales support: Assist sales in competitive situations by making recommendations on sales strategies and by highlighting the benefits of Alteryx vs competitive offerings. Participate in sales calls and on-site visits to help account executives close deals, if needed.
- Global enablement: regularly deliver presentations - live or virtual - on market and competition, including new hire training.
- Comply with ethical standards in obtaining and disseminating data
- Willingness to travel: 20% travel estimated
- Must have:
- BA / BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in consulting, product marketing or product management in fast paced environments
- Content development skills using Microsoft Office suite a critical requirement
- Technical background but also strong business acumen
- Ability to leverage research to develop competitive strategy and tactics
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be comfortable seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to efficiently multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and collaborate on deliverables
Nice to have:
- Alteryx experience strongly preferred as well as expertise in least one of the following markets:
- Data management,
- Business Intelligence & Analytics,
- Data science.
- Competitive analysis experience not a pre-requisite but will be considered a strong plus