Commission Collections Specialist at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
At Hotel Engine, our Commission Collections Specialist will possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have strong attention to detail while managing a large collections portfolio. While working under specific timelines and guidelines, the Commission Collections Specialist will need to have a positive attitude and the mindset to evaluate and improve processes and procedures for the benefit
of HE and our LPN partners.
• Consistent diligence of collecting commissions from properties with excellent follow-up to open issues.
• Daily processing and posting of commissions checks, ACH/EFT, and credit card transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
• Process office mail weekly; sort, scan, and distribute mail as appropriate; deposit checks via remote deposit.
• Prepare bank deposit transactions in NetSuite.
• Liaise with properties and their payment processors (Onyx, TACS, etc.) to streamline collection.
• Address and resolve all transaction questions – credits, short payments, unapplied cash.
• Accurately apply commission payments to outstanding invoices per the remittances received; contact property if remittance not
• Create and send invoices to properties to collect commissionable rate agreement commissions.
• Understand the relationships between systems and data at HE and use this understanding to build better processes to collect
commissions more efficiently.
• Manage competing priorities.
• Special projects/duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
• 1-2 years cash application experience or Accounting/Finance background preferred.
• Ability to handle a high volume of transactions and effectively manage several tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Organized with a strong attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
• Strong professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
• B2B collections with high volume accounts and/or hotel commissions experience preferred.
• Proficient user of Excel (pivot tables, xlookups) and Outlook.
• NetSuite and/or SalesForce experience is a major plus.
- The base hourly rate for this role is $22.00 - $25.00/hour. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work but candidate needs to be flexible to come into the office 1-2 times a month, this could be less or more frequently depending on rotation available.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.