Commercial Strategy - Data Platform at Invitae
Commercial Strategy - Data Platform
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company driven by the mission to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. To support this mission, Invitae is looking to add a commercial go-to-market professional to drive the growth of our data platform partnership efforts. Invitae’s data platform is a core part of the company’s strategic growth priorities and we’re looking for teammates to chart the growth trajectory.
The role will drive efforts to understand the voice of the customer and integrate it into the commercial strategy, promotional materials and product roadmap for data. Collaboration with various internal teams, including business development, marketing, product engineering and medical, will be essential to success. The scope of customer segments across the healthcare ecosystem may include biopharma companies, health systems, payers and others.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Interacting with customers in order to understand needs related to Invitae’s existing and future data product offerings
- Providing guidance to the marketing team on the creation of promotional materials that align Invitae’s data offerings with customer needs in a compelling and simple way
- Formulating commercial go-to-market strategy for data that articulates target customer segments, positioning, pricing, roadmaps and metrics for success
- Collaborating with product engineering to define Invitae’s data portfolio offering and product roadmaps
- Developing a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and how competitive technologies compare with Invitae’s capabilities
- Relentless curiosity to understand customer needs, reimagine how we do things and drive iteration
- Collaborative team member who is eager to work closely with Invitae colleagues
- Effective written and verbal communication of complex topics in a simple, easy to understand manner
- Analytical mindset with experience in data/analytics and identifying the “so what” behind the data
- Eagerness to explore the scientific, medical and commercial applications of genetic and clinical data
- Ability to engage in technical and scientific discussions with customers
- Comfort operating and thriving in an unstructured and ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of the biopharma drug development process and the role of genetics/data
- Experience and knowledge of health systems operate is a plus
Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.