The Collections Analyst works with the Accounts Receivable Team to collect Past Due receivables. This role requires a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and an ability to handle a high volume of accounts. The Collections Specialist will need to maintain positive relationships with clients, the Customer success team and Billing team. This role will be supporting our customers and AR/Billing Analysts in resolving account issues preventing payment . This role is primarily focused on new projects, administrative functions and collections resolution. The Collections Analyst is not a management position.
We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we're all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Assisting in fielding and triaging incoming phone calls and emails for the Accounting Department - includes supporting customers by processing payments and Updating contact details.
- Providing help posting incoming cash daily.
- Researching and analyzing accounts prior to initiating contact, examine historical data, evaluate past collection efforts & billing practices.
- Submitting customer requests to cancel services for review/retention efforts.
- Reviewing accounts and cash application transactions for accuracy.
- Working with Customer Success and Billing Analysts to clarify billing requirements preventing payments.
- Determine most effective and economical means of collection for each account; apply standard due diligence practices to collect monies owed; compose correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections.
- Maintain files on all accounts, documenting special needs and processes.
- Manage multiple systems to understand full account history & escalate issues impacting ability to collect.
- Recommend accounts to be turned over to collection agencies or for litigation; prepares report of historical data to substantiate action to be taken.
- Troubleshoot systems related issues when they arise, present to managers and Business Intelligence.
- Maintain strong, positive relationships with clients regardless of current project status.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to conduct a large volume of phone calls as well as written communication
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills required
- Intermediate Excel
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles a plus
- Strong computer skills, comfortable working in cloud systems for a full workday
Helpful for Success:
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with NetSuite OpenAir
- Collections experience
20hr - 24hr
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI's software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We're proud to be one of Built In Colorado's top digital tech companies . At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don't take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.