Clinical Data Specialist at GHX
This position will support various day-to-day tasks for customer data cleansing engagements, primarily supporting data quality initiatives to drive accuracy, consistency, and completeness of enriched data through management and maintenance of supplier catalog information as it relates to medical-surgical devices and supplies.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Manages and maintains database based on defined standards relative to Medical-Surgical devices and supplies in order to ensure data quality for the GHX customer base
- Validates and maintains transactional data elements
- Works in conjunction with other team members, as well as provider or supplier customers, to ensure timely delivery of accurate data
- Performs ad hoc queries on multiple large data sets to identify data issues and initiate corrective action
- Contributes to the development of standards, processes, and procedures that support Content Operations goals and objectives
- Coordinates and facilitates professional relationships with internal and external subject matter experts to serve as provider/supplier advocate in relation to medical product data quality
- Medical product and terminology knowledge
- Relatable clinical healthcare experience preferred (i.e. – Registered Nurse, Surgical Technician, Respiratory Therapist, EMT/Paramedic, etc)
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel required
- SQL and/or MS Access experience preferred
- Strong customer service & communication skills
- Supply chain knowledge preferred
- Project management skills a plus
Estimated hourly compensation $22.00 - $28.00
The base hourly range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.