Capital Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Capital Facilitation Group (CFG), Data/Reporting, and Systems & Processes teams are part of the Capital, Planning & Insights team within the Strategy and New Initiatives organization. Our team is growing to meet the demands of a growing organization, and we are positioned well to build strategic relationships with all levels of leaders across both the Banking Solutions and Merchant Solutions segments as we effectively manage the investment budget.
What you will be doing
You will be the process owner for the new investment lookback and validation process. Responsibilities include business case validation, financial analysis, executive reporting, and investment decision support. You will partner with Product and Line of Business counterparts to assist with investment planning and budgeting, ensure work groups stay within the capital budget, and provide capital assessments around potential risks and opportunities. You will be building partnerships with all levels of the organization to be a trusted capital advisor.
- Capital Planning & Budgeting
- Capital Adherence
- Capital Lookback & Reporting
- Capital Leading Indicators and KPIs
What you bring:
Ideal candidate should have a strong financial understanding, a project manager mentality to drive tasks to completion, and an analytical background to use operational data and performance trends to drive decision making and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 2-3 years business analysis, finance, project management, or related experience
- Strong database skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Task minded, ability to drive actions
- Detail oriented, data accuracy
- Financial reporting and forecasting
- Balance of strategic and tactical mindset
Added bonus if you have:
- PowerBI and/or Tableau knowledge
- Data Visualization
- Excel Expertise
- Financial Modeling Experience
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.