[Candidate and Evaluation] Data Analyst at Checkr (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Data Analyst. The Insights team’s vision is to empower our customers with data and insights to optimize their hiring process end to end while keeping our mission of fair chance hiring in the forefront of everything we do. This role will partner closely with our product and engineering stakeholders to build data analytics to drive the product strategy and define the roadmap and features of the Insights product. The ideal candidate will become the data domain expert for the Insights product suite who can use their analytical mindset to model product behavior, quantify product value and validate and design product features and enhancements. Additionally this role will work closely with the Assess product, which was awarded Fast Company’s Winner in the AI and Data category as part of their 2021 World Changing Ideas Awards.
- Research, inform and quantify the impact of proposed product features and initiatives in close collaboration with product and engineering partners
- Develop actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboards to help business and technical teams discover insights and increase understanding of our products and services
- Build & maintain data visualizations that empower decision making using tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Help train and educate co-workers on SQL, data visualization tools, and contribute to Checkr’s data-informed culture
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements
What you bring:
- College degree in an analytic field; or technical discipline
- 5+ years of applied analytic experience in a fast-paced, business environment. Experience working within a product engineering team is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience using BI tools like Looker or Tableau to build dashboards to improve observability into product behavior and performance
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision-makers to drive impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational & project management skills
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $99,450-$117,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.