Business Systems Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) ensures the proper collection and documentation of business requirements that can be understood by both business and technology stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of the business function, responsible for requirements to be consistent with the business case and the long-term plans within the capability/service delivery area. The BSA also leads user acceptance testing to ensure the solution is aligned to the business requirements, driving resolution of any potential defects where necessary.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Accountable for developing, defining, and documenting business requirements that describe the business need and solution scope, and communicate them effectively to IT and business stakeholders
- Remain up to date of technology trends, opportunities, compliance, and regulatory requirements within a defined capability/service delivery area
- Provide process expertise to others to understand the impact of system enhancements on the company’s processes and to understand how system functions and processes will generate the intended outcomes for business
- Collaborate with solution architects, adhering to enterprise architectural frameworks and roadmaps to design processes, systems, and information/data architectures
- Build and maintain an in depth knowledge of the processes, systems, and data in a defined capability/service delivery area
- Responsible for writing functional specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to support the creation of technical designs and delivery of business and technical requirements
- Responsible for communicating documented defects to technical team members, create and validate proposed defect resolutions (fixes) from systems/solutions engineers, ensure that the initial defect was corrected, and that initial data and/or processes will not be impacted
- Coordinate user acceptance testing to ensure business requirements are satisfied and ensure proper UAT documentation is produced (based on use cases and test requirements)
- Ensure proper training, transition, and cutover plans are developed and executed to ensure proper user adoption and minimize business disruption.
- Provide project management support for small/medium size projects, being responsible for project planning and execution of work required, including issue management and status reporting
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years of related work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience creating core BA deliverables (e.g., functional spec, test cases, etc)
- Ability to work in global, multinational and remote teams in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability in IT analysis methodologies (e.g., process flow definition, data flow diagramming, use case definition)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, customers and other IT Personnel
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite including Visio or similar applications (e.g., LucidChart, OmniGraffle, etc)
- Solid knowledge of technologies relevant to the capability/service delivery area
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) and activities/deliverables(e.g., work planning, status reporting, issue management)
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans