Business Systems Analyst at FIS
About the team
You will work with a team of four under the Business Systems Analyst Manager
What you will be doing
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
• Primarily supports business functions of other Analysts and Administrators on the team.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives, and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Evaluates benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish end goals.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by developers are correct.
• Verifies through testing that changes made by developers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
• Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures.
• May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
• Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Knowledge of FIS' products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint with ability to design/create projects using a summation data
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
• A competitive salary and benefits
• A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• Time to support charities and give back in your community
• A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of principles in business modeling and requirements definition, one or products/services, and at least one systems development life cycle model. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.