Business Systems Analyst Specialist at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
An effective Business Systems Analyst should be an expert in problem-solving, critical thinking, and implementing an Agile Development Methodology. In this role, the Business Systems Analyst will support stakeholders of MetaSolv Solution (MSS), also known as M6. The Business Analyst will operate as the main point of contact with stakeholders and requesters to identify requirements, dependencies, and timelines between technical and business teams. Works closely with our Development and other track BSAs to ensure business goals are being met. Manages projects and feature requests from inception to completion.
Business Requirements Analysis
- Partners with business stakeholders to analyze, define and document business requirements, within and across functional areas
- Drives best practices during requirements gathering and modeling
- Has a strong focus on gathering core requirements, beyond stated requirements and correctly places these within a broader context
- Understands business environment and helps to connect/align relevant business stakeholders
- Follows guidelines and templates relevant to a particular technology stack to produce the necessary project artifacts
Process Modeling and Design
- Partners with business stakeholders to analyze, define and document business process models for defined-scope enhancements, typically pertaining to a specific functional areas, using industry standard modeling techniques
- Manages enhancement and project releases for specific modules
- Ensures delivery meets release goals
- Responsible for designing and documenting solutions within own track
- Interacts with other track BSAs
- Is an expert in the supported functional track
- Is able to vet data models, technical designs and drive best practices
- Develops functional designs for specific functional areas for major enhancements or projects
- Owns and evangelizes functional designs across cross functional groups
- Ensures that functional designs meet business needs and are in line with the solution design
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and vendor capabilities to produce robust functional designs
- Develops mastery in configurations of specific module/modules of an application
- Brings in best practices by keeping up-to-date with the technology and vendor products
- Documents configurations for future use and training
- Manages stakeholder expectations, inputs and communications directly or via project manager, depending on project scope
- Guides business and project delivery stakeholders through IT process and obtains relevant participation
Training and Change Management
- Works directly with functional SMEs and management team to coordinate SME training requirements and execution
- Communicates status against key support issues
- Bachelor's degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in business systems analysis projects.
- 2+ years' experience working with MetaSolv Solutions (M6).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical and non-technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to document highly complex processes, procedures, and/or policies.
- Deep understanding of business process and operating models as well as customer process and mission.
- Deep understanding of SDLC; expert understanding of at least one methodology and strong conceptual understanding of at least one other (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Solid foundation in project management methodologies with experience managing small to medium sized projects.
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn new technologies, be part of a collaborative team, and maintain a transformational and creative mindset.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.